I get to cross off another item on my #40before40 list! I am so excited to share that I was interviewed by Felicia Menchaca for her Healthy Heroes, Wonder Woman series podcast at the beginning of September & that my episode is now live! Thank you for having [Read more…]
Who else is ready to finally end the struggle, overcome Binge Eating Disorder, and take back control over your life?
Let me ask you a few things first:
- Do you know all the secluded parking lots where you can binge eat without anyone knowing you are there?
- Do you ever order a huge amount of food and pretend that it’s not all for you?
- Do you hide food after you’ve ordered it from a fast food place and then drive to the another place to get more food?
- Do you throw away the trash (evidence of a binge) in random trash cans so that it can’t be traced back to you?
- Do you feel like you have a secret life that no one knows about and you’re too ashamed to admit?
- Do you eat a lot of food to numb the pain?
- Do you binge because you are trying to make yourself feel better?
- Do you turn to food to celebrate the good times and drown out the bad and painful?
- Do you hate yourself for what you do, yet feel completely hopeless on how to stop it?
- Do you feel like there is something wrong with you and that you’re the only one who suffers?
48.6 lbs lost right here. I see the girl on the left, but I never really knew her.
When I came across this video from 4 months ago, it stopped me in my tracks. Watching myself was like watching someone else. So unhappy. Not sure of herself. Lost. While I didn’t set out to post a before & after pic right now, I knew I had to after seeing this because it’s weight loss, but so much more.
The girl on the left wanted to stay hidden. To blend in with others. To fit in. She [Read more…]
They say there are two important dates in a person’s life: The day they are born and the day they find out why.
I’ve struggled with that second part a lot and have felt lost for a few years, as you may have read in my previous post. The Rise Women’s Conference gave me the clarity I was so desperately searching for. Back to my roots, if you will.
Helping women (and men) overcome Binge Eating Disorder. It’s the thing that makes me tick. It gets my energy up. It makes me want to stay awake and do all the things required to get to where I want to be. I have found out the reason I was put on this Earth: To help other people and to [Read more…]
5-4-3-2-1 …Here goes nothing… At the Rise conference I was challenged by Trent Shelton to post something on social that not too many people know about me. As someone who used to like to hide, this was absolutely terrifying. But, I’ve learned that I have to show myself because you never know who is watching & who can be inspired from your narrative.
Back in 2005 I had a thriving online business where I shared my story & helped so many other women who felt pretty alone in their struggles. I was happy, but still living in a place of not being sure of the person I was meant to be and that got the best of me. Not sure why [Read more…]