I’m a sucker for face masks of all kinds: Detoxifying charcoal, oil control, exfoliating, brightening, sheet, and more. There’s just something really nice about pampering your skin with a luxurious mask and feeling super refreshed after. Fancy even. There’s nothing like how you feel after taking off a mask.
Truth be told I’ve never used a gold mask that I had to peel off before and could not wait to get my hands on the YOUNIQUE ROYALTY™ Brightening Mask. Give me all the gold and the satisfaction of peeling it off. I’m not even joking.
This brightening peel-off mask works to improve and even the appearance of skin tone, minimize the appearance of pores, and improve your skin’s elasticity, which will leave your skin feeling firmer, baby soft, and looking simply radiant.
How do you use the YOUNIQUE ROYALTY™
You’ll want to start with a clean and dry face, so be sure to remove your makeup and use a face cleanser. Using an applicator (or your fingers if you don’t have one), apply a thin and even layer to your face. It will take about 15 minutes to completely dry.
Once it is dry, beginning around your jaw line, start to peel off your dried mask. If you have any of the mask leftover on your skin after you’ve peeled it off, simply use a washcloth with warm water to get the remaining mask off.
My Brightening Mask Experience
As I said up above, I absolutely love masks, so I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this one. Just looking at the mask in the container was enough to do me in. I mean, it’s gold. Who doesn’t love gold, am I right?! The first thing that I did was to apply a pea-size amount on the side of my neck. I have the most sensitive skin, and while I’ve never had a reaction from using any of Younique’s products in the past, I definitely wanted to make sure that this wouldn’t be the exception. I waited for about 10 minutes, didn’t have a reaction, and grabbed my applicator so I could begin.
As I began applying this luxuriousness on my face, I could smell a hint of citrus. It’s a nice, fresh scent; one that you don’t mind having on your face (and this is coming from someone that likes to eat citrus, but cannot stand the smell to linger on my hands after). It felt cool on my skin and took right around 15 minutes to dry. I knew it was dry when I moved my mouth to stretch it and could feel the mask lifting from my face.
Now this is the important part: From the time that I applied the mask to a couple of minutes right before it was dry, my face tingled. A lot. Like wondering if the mask was causing a bad reaction kind of tingle. I did keep it on for the entire time, all while hoping & praying for the best. I had previously heard from others that this was something most experienced with this mask and it was due to one of the active ingredients present in the brightening mask, niacinamide, so I felt a bit more comforted keeping it on.
From Younique’s fact sheet on their website: “Niacinamide may give a
tingling sensation to the skin. Niacinamide is beneficial in improving the appearance of skin clarity and tone. For people with sensitive skin, we recommend testing this product on a small patch of skin first. Discontinue use if allergic reaction occurs.”
Next: To peel.
There is nothing more satisfying than peeling this mask off. It was my first time to peel off a mask and I loved it. Perhaps a little too much even. I was able to get most of it off by peeling, but since my cheeks weren’t completely dry I needed to remove it with a warm washcloth. Super easy!
The most amazingly soft and tightened skin ever!
I’m not sure what all came out of my skin, but the big reveal left my skin so very soft, while feeling more firm and toned. My face felt refreshed and revitalized just after 15 minutes. Best of all? No reaction whatsoever. If you have sensitive skin also, just be sure to test out an area on your neck. As long as you don’t have a reaction just know that the tingling is the mask doing its job! I sprayed on Royalty Rose Water Toning Spritz and then finished with Royalty Time Correcting Night Cream.
I can’t wait to see how my skin looks after using this mask routinely. I’ve been dying to do it again ever since I peeled it off. Others have noted that the under eye bags have decreased, large pores are minimized, and that fine lines and wrinkles are fewer.
Fun facts from Younique’s website:
- In an independent consumer perception study, 87% found improved skin clarity and a brighter-looking complexion.
- In an independent consumer perception study, 91% noted that their skin appeared healthier and more youthful.
Helpful hints to remember:
- If you have unwanted facial hair, you may want to use the Tinkle Razor to remove it before using this mask. I am obsessed with my Tinkle and use it regularly so I didn’t have an issue, but I could see how having some peach fuzz on your face may pull a little when you start to peel off the brightening mask.
- The mask dried in most places right around 15 minutes. My cheeks weren’t completely dried by the time I was peeling, so I used a warm washcloth to get the remaining mask off.
- You don’t want to have too thin of a layer on your face or it will be more difficult to peel off.
- Be sure to keep the mask away from your eye brows and hair line. You don’t want to accidentally remove any hair in either of those places.
- I used an applicator to apply and recommend that over using your fingers. Less mess! I used this one and love how smooth the application is.
- As with all new facial products, be sure to test a patch on the side of your neck to ensure there isn’t a reaction.
Whether you are looking for soft skin, firmer skin, a youthful glow, or all of the above, this mask is for you! The YOUNIQUE ROYALTY™ Brightening Mask will be available on September 1, 2018 and you can get yours here.