Back in 2014, Younique was known for amazing 3D Fiber Lash mascara. Let’s face it; that’s the whole reason I signed up to be a Younique presenter in the first place. The mascara was so fantastic and made my lashes incredible! In the middle of 2015, changes were made to the mascara and, to be honest, while many still loved the new 3D Fiber Lashes+, there were many that had issues with it. Fast-forward to January 2nd though, and guess what?
We. Are. Back!
That’s right. We have an all-new reformulated formula that, dare I even say it, is better (in my opinion) than the original 3D Fiber Lash mascara. I’ve been using it for a couple of weeks now and there is no clumping. No drying out. No needing to do a “trick” to the mascara to help it perform. It’s perfect. And I’m SO in love with it.
Let’s get right into my 3D Fiber Lashes+ review:
So what’s different about this new reformulation? While the name (3D Fiber Lashes+) is the same, that’s about the only thing that remains the same. This mascara is long-wearing, smooth-coating, and high-performing. So high-performing that you will see up to a 500% increase in average volume! Get ready to have beautiful voluminous lashes, ladies!
The formula, including the transplanting gel, the 3D fibers, the wands, and even the casing have all been reformulated to perform better than ever.
All-New Transplanting Gel Applicator:
Brush and bottleneck wiper help apply the right amount of gel to each lash.
- Rigid brush bristles comb through lashes smoothing fibers up each lash to build volume and length.
- Brush bristles are spaced evenly to help separate and lengthen lashes, while 3D fibers fill and add volume to lashes.
- Re-engineered wiper helps apply the right amount of gel.
All-New Transplanting Gel:
Polymers, vitamins, and flower extracts condition and moisturize.
- Contains four advanced polymers known to provide ultimate adhesion and conditioning and moisturizing properties.
- Pro-vitamin B5 is known to attract and hold moisture. Vitamin E is known to nourish skin and hair and provide antioxidant benefits.
- Chamomilla Flower Extract is known to provide antioxidant benefits.
All-New 3D Fibers:
Smooth nylon fibers easily adhere to transplanting gel
- Nylon fibers dry quickly and adhere to Transplanting Gel without absorbing it for smoother coating.
- Nylon fibers are known to be resistant to oil.
- Fibers formulated with squalane and CoQ10, ingredients known to condition, moisturize, and fortify hair and skin.
(All of the above taken directly from the Younique website.)
The new 3D Fiber Lashes+ formula is Ophthalmologist approved. It is FDA, Canada Health, and EU approved/compliant. It is also patent-pending.
So how do you apply the new 3D Fiber Lashes+ mascara?
Applying the brand-new 3D Fiber Lashes+ is an easy 3-step process. I like to have the transplanting gel and the fiber tubes in one hand, both open. I do the first two steps one eye at a time.
Step 1: Apply the transplanting gel to lashes on one eye.
Step 2: Apply the 3D Fibers immediately while the transplanting gel is still wet.
(Move to the next eye and do Steps 1 and 2. Once finished, do Step 3.)
Step 3: Seal the 3D Fibers with Transplanting Gel on both eyes.
Repeat the above steps until you have reached your desired look.
Is Younique’s 3D Fiber Lashes+ mascara worth it?
Absolutely!! I was obsessed with the original formula and how it made my lashes look. When that mascara changed over to the next reformulation, I found that my tubes dried out really quickly and that results didn’t end up lasting as long as they should have. I’ve been using this new formula for five months now and it is amazing! There is no drying out happening, no clumping, no transfer of the fibers to the gel, nothing. I have fallen back in love with the 3D Fiber Lashes+ mascara and it’s a staple in my makeup routine once again.
If you loved the original formula and are ready to give Younique’s new reformulated 3D Fiber Lashes+ a try, you can purchase it here.
I would love to hear your feedback and see your amazing lash results! Younique really perfected the mascara this time and I know that you will love it just as much as I do. It’s a must-have product that you need in your life.