Y’all, if you ever follow a recipe I post, it has got to be this one! It’s so yummy! Your husband will love it. Your mom will love it. Your cousin will love it. Your kids will love it. Your own belly will love it. You get the idea! It’s so simple and really good!
And the awesome part is that I just kind of threw different ingredients in the crockpot. You know, like world-famous chefs do (at least in my mind… but in reality I’m going to guess that chefs make things from scratch and avoid the awesomeness that is the crockpot).
Anyways, here’s the recipe:
- 1.25lbs frozen chicken breast
- 1 cup Archer Farms (Target) Sweet Pineapple BBQ Sauce
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- Brown Rice
- Jalapenos (optional if you want a little more spice)
1. Put a thin layer of BBQ sauce at the bottom of the crockpot.
2. Add frozen chicken breasts on top.
3. Pour remainder BBQ sauce over the chicken breasts (or add more if you’d like).
4. Cook for 3.5 hours on low.
5. After 3.5 hours, add diced pineapple and black beans to the crockpot mix and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes.
6. Make brown rice on the stove or in your rice cooker.
7. Put the goodies from in the crockpot on top of a bed of rice. (Add jalapenos, if you’d like.)
See, isn’t that so simple?! I don’t claim to be an amazing cook that spends hours in the kitchen, slaving over the stove making things from scratch. I mean, hello, I did buy BBQ sauce from Target… and I’m so okay with that. I like meals that are short and simple because I don’t have all day to spend in kitchen… and quite frankly, I wouldn’t want to.
So, if you’re looking for a yummy meal, I hope you’ll try this one out! You definitely won’t regret it!