Looking for a new and easy recipe to try? Look no further! I made this crockpot chicken tacos recipe last night and both my husband and 4-year old devoured it. My son had not just seconds, but thirds. He told me that crockpot chicken tacos are his new favorite dinner. I was hoping that there would be enough leftovers for my husband and son to have tonight because I have dinner plans with some friends, but it was that good that there were no leftovers!
- 2 lean chicken breasts
- 1 can of black beans, washed and drained
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained and washed
- Fresh Pico de Gallo (My grocery store makes it fresh daily)
- Fresh Guacamole (avocado, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapenos, lime juice)
- ¼ cup of olive oil (I used Bragg Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- ¼ cup of water
- Corn Tortillas (Made with just corn and oil)
Taco Seasoning Mix (for 1lb of chicken):
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Add water at the bottom of the crockpot.
- Add chicken and pour olive oil on top of it.
- Add black beans, pinto beans, pico de gallo, and taco seasoning mix.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and put back into crockpot for 30 minutes.
- Put chicken on tortilla, add guacamole and enjoy!
Seriously, try it! You won’t regret it… And did I mention it’s super easy? This is perfect for the mom-on-the-go or just a busy adult without kids. You literally pour everything into the crockpot and let it do its magic.
The whole house will smell delicious and your family will leave you wide-eyed when they ask for thirds! It sure does make this momma proud to see my husband and son liking such an easy recipe that didn’t take me hours to prepare!