Every woman in the world loves a simple beauty hack here and there to make her life easier, whether it is helping her freshly shampooed hair dry faster (& without frizz) or learning a quick way to take five pounds off of her face. We are all busy. We all would love to look just a little more put together. We would love to simplify our lives, whether it’s a beauty hack for makeup, hair, nails, or skin. After all, every little bit sure does help!
50 Life-Changing Lazy Girl Beauty Hacks
You Need To Know
Let’s talk Makeup Beauty Hacks:
- Apply liquid foundation on the center of your face and blend out. Do this so your jawbone does not create that dark line between your face and your neck. This will help to ensure that you don’t get too much liquid foundation where it should not be.
- Want to take 5 pounds off of your face? Apply bronzer in the shape of a “3” on each side of your face. Not only will you look like you’ve been in the sun, but the bronzer can help to thin out your face.
- Always apply concealer under eyes in an upside down triangle. You want to brighten the whole eye area, not just the spot directly under the eye.
- Test liquid foundation on your neck, not face, for the right color. There are many elements on your face (a tan, rosacea, dark spots, etc) that can make that dreaded color difference between your face and neck when tested on the wrong spot.
- Put liquid foundation on first, and then conceal.
- Wash makeup brushes with a gentle face wash or just good ole fashion soap and water.
- Use rose water prior to moisturizing (& using primer) to make foundation go on flawless. You can also use rose water as a setting spray to keep your makeup in place when you’re finished applying it.
- Mix peppermint oil with your favorite lip gloss for a plumping boost.
- Use white eyeliner to make eyes pop (& also to hide if you’re tired or hungover).
- Foundation too dark? Mix it with moisturizer or concealer to help lighten the color.
- Short on time? Do a simple face playing up either your eyes or your lips, but not both. Really short on time? Just apply some mascara and lip gloss for a quick, but refreshed look.
- Want a more vibrant look with your eyeshadow and no crease? Put concealer or white liner on your eyelid prior to putting on your shadow. (Do this on your lips for an added bonus & long-lasting lipstick.)
- Run out of blush? That’s okay! Pick a shade of lipstick that will look good and use it as a cream blush.
- To set your lipstick and keep it in place, dab some translucent powder on your lips after applying your lipstick.
- Heat your eyelash curler with a blow dryer so your lashes curl easier. Warm your curler up under the heat for about 15 seconds and then curl away! (Be sure to test out the heat with your fingers prior to putting it directly on your lashes.)
- Want thicker looking lashes? Dust baby powder over lashes in between the first and second coats of mascara.
- Perfect the winged eye look by using tape, the rounded part of a spoon, or even a credit card to create a foolproof look.
- Fake fuller lips by applying a light pencil in the center of your lips.
- Need to revive your flakey and clumpy mascara? Drop some contact solution or rose water in your mascara for the win!
- Cakey-looking foundation? Too orange self-tanner? Too much blush? Too much shine? Loose powder will help with all of the above. Dab a little on the problem area and move along with the rest of your face.
- A little hairspray can help tame even the most unruly brows. (Wavy brows, I’m talkin’ to you.)
- Store concealer and other cream makeup in contact cases when traveling.
- Warm up mascara by putting it (the bottom of it only) in warm water for a few minutes before using it. The mascara will be good as new again!
- To avoid lipstick getting on your teeth, put your index finger in your mouth and pull it out to get off any excess lipstick. (You probably want to only do this in private.)
- Mix loose pigments with petroleum jelly to customize your lip color.
- Don’t use black eyeliner on the top and bottom of your lid. It will make your eyes appear very small. Instead use black on the top as liner, brown on the bottom, and nude/white on the waterline. This will help your eyes stay bright and big.
Let’s talk Hair Beauty Hacks:
- Want to protect your hair from the chlorine in the pool this summer? Pour tap water on your hair before going swimming.
- Correct green hair from chlorine by using baking soda.
- Spray bobby pins with dry shampoo or hairspray before putting them in your hair. This will keep them in your hair all day without moving.
- Dry your wet hair with a t-shirt, not a towel, to fight the frizzies and to help dry your hair faster.
- Two Words: Dry Shampoo. Seriously. It will be your new best friend considering your hair will smell amazing and it will soak up all the oils.
- If you’re out of dry shampoo, use baby powder or even spray starch from your laundry room. Bye-Bye oils!
- Fake a longer ponytail by creating two in your hair – one from your ears and up and the other at the bottom of your neck and down. The top pony will fall over the bottom one, which will hide the hair tie of the lower pony and give you a more voluminous look.
- Static-y hair? Rub a dryer sheet all over. The static will disappear AND your hair will be left smelling amazing.
- Use the wavy side of bobby pins against your head (on the bottom) so that it stays in place without you having to redo it during the day.
- Brush some eyeshadow (the same shade as your hair) on your part to make your hair look instantly thicker.
Let’s Talk Skin Beauty Hacks:
- Don’t just put perfume on your wrists. Put it behind your ears, inside your elbows, behind your knees, and on your neck.
- A toilet seat cover will dab up any extra shine for your oily T-zone areas.
- To conceal a blemish, use the same skin tone concealer, not a lighter shade. You do not want to draw attention to the pimple.
- To highlight parts of your face, use a concealer that is 1-2 shades lighter that your skin tone.
- Too lazy to wash your face at night? Keep makeup remover wipes close by and use them to take off your makeup.
- Put a little coconut oil on a cotton ball and remove your makeup effortlessly.
- Use lip gloss, lip balm, or Uplift Serum on your cuticles as a treatment and for younger looking hands.
- If you run out of shaving cream and don’t want to use soap, use conditioner to shave. It’s nourishing and leaves your skin feeling oh so nice.
- Want to prevent rubbing and/or chafing on your inner thighs during the hot months? Rub a little deodorant on your thighs before wearing your shorts or dress. (Gel deodorant doesn’t work as well as regular stick deodorant.)
- Get rid of puffiness by using a cold and caffeinated product, like green tea bags, over your eyes.
- Put Vaseline or a fragrance-free perfume on the areas you spray perfume before spraying the actual perfume you want to use. This will help the fragrance last a lot longer.
- Dull smile? Bad breath? Stained nails? Product build-up? Baking soda will clean all of that right up.
Let’s Talk Nail Beauty Hacks:
- Manicure chipping and you can’t get to the nail salon right away? Put on some glitter nail polish to hide the chips.
- Put freshly wet nails in ice water to help them dry faster.