Everyone is always on the hunt for the best and most healthy snacks to eat in between breakfast, lunch, and dinner. No one wants the snacks they choose to add to their waistline, and when done correctly, snacking can actually help you to eat less at meals. The key to a healthy snack is finding one that has a good balance between protein and fiber (with little sugar).
Here are some ideas for healthy snacks that will help keep you full in between meals:
1. Strawberries with vanilla Greek yogurt
2. Whole wheat tortilla (toasted in oven) with BBQ sauce, goat cheese, and diced pineapples
3. Apple with almond butter
4. Cottage cheese with pineapple
5. Greek yogurt with blueberries and cherries
6. Banana with a handful of almonds
7. Greek yogurt with honey and cinnamon sprinkled on top
8. Frozen grapes (green grapes are my favorite!)
9. Pear and string cheese
10. Whole wheat crackers with sharp cheddar cheese
11. Whole grain toast with peanut butter and honey on top
12. Whole grain tortilla (baked in oven) cut in triangles with salsa
13. Celery, carrots, broccoli, and cherry tomatoes with hummus
14. Hard-boiled eggs (with salt and pepper)
15. Tuna mixed with avocado
16. Turkey breast slices and mango
17. Pita and hummus
18. Chicken breast with pistachios
19. Smoothie with spinach, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and a banana
20. Kind bars (I like the ones with under 6g of sugar)
There you have it… My favorite snacks that I eat all of the time. The next time you go to grab a snack, try one of the above. It will keep you fuller longer and won’t spike your blood sugar. Plus, you will be fueling your body with healthy ingredients, which isn’t a bad thing at all.
What are some of your favorite snacks when your stomach gets grumbling? I’d love to add some more to my list.